20080904

loss of blood

Terrorism? HA!
Gents--here's the first I guess. It'll be less than stellar. This is why. It's just rough lyrics for a rough song. It'd be more romantic to have put the song on here, but I haven't recorded it yet. But these lyrics are pretty silly and ready for slicing and splicing. Rip it like you would a Christmas package.

A muggy Sunday, I ran into an old friend.
Wiping sweat from my brow we began talking
about the days and asking where everyone went.
Cars honked as it struck me then
that you're no longer friends if every conversation
begins with "remember when..."

If archaeologists unearthed
a chunk of St. Christopher's fossilized turd
would people begin to worship it
treat it like a relic?
Would they call it holy sh*t?
Father how many sins would it forgive
if we sold it for indulgences?
And reverend how many offerings could we get
if we hyped up its healing prowess?

On the tv a syndicated preacher
wearing an Bad Religion t-shirt
hate-monger comedians led by Maher
talking heads saying Mohammad's an agent of terror
an angry pastor screaming Smith was a fraud
too many saying Darwin's an anti-Christ or a God.
There's science sans religion and religion sans science
and being friends with homosexuals without joining an alliance.
But I'm just too pious.
Just too pious.


Okay there it is. I know most of it is sing-songy and cheesy. I'll have better stuff in the future.

love:bobs

1 comment:

Binary said...

Sweet bobs. my reaction is bubbling nicely and is almost au dente...